Sunday, March 20, 2005

Donating to the Old Saw File

Old Saws drive me as crazy as the addition of 'you know' to every sentence in a conversation. As a semi-recluse living in the woods I hate to go to town but today I had no choice. When I checked out at the market the clerk said, "Have a nice day" instead of "Thank you, come again"...so I said, "Why? A little rain gives one a better perspective on the day, don't you think?" Then I went over to another store and the clerk there said, "Have a nice day"...so I said, "I have a toothache which really makes it impossible and I know the dentist is going to charge me an arm and a leg, so it's probably just going to be an all-around rotten day!" 'Have a nice day' needs to be donated to the Old Saw file...am I wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home