Saturday, March 11, 2006

FF #28

The realization slowly dawned on me that this was not my finest hour. Somewhere around murder number three I knew how easy it was to commit the perfect murder. Actually I'd thought about it once in a while before murder number one (the first necessary one) as I'd been in forensics for a dozen years. Then I found out my wife was cheating on me and her murder--planned down to the smallest forensic detail-- had went off without a hitch.

Another two years went by before murder number two became a necessity as killing my boss was the only way I could advance my position. It went as well as the first one and I assumed his position as Director of Forensics. I got married a year later and damned if I didn't marry another harlot...so murder number three--planned and executed with more than the usual attention to removing the gory details-- was another success.

I had number four laid at my doorstep. Some new hot dog detective had been fooling around in the cold case files and brought me the file on my bosses murder. The problem here was two-fold: I had to convince him that he was wasting his time and then I had to kill him before he saw too many similarities to my murdered wives.

So the first thing I did was go into the cold case files (and there were hundreds of them in this large city) and pick two or three different murders where there were definite modus operandi, similarities so striking the same killer must have done them all.

I picked three rape/murders of beautiful women and the hot dog couldn't resist investigating them-- right then I pegged him as some kind of letch. Problem number two was then tackled and I came up with another perfect plan. I lured the hot dog out to one of the beautiful woman's rape/murder site and unloaded an untraceable Colt 45 into him. I checked the crime scene and it was clue free, as usual. I decided to throw the gun into the trunk of his cruiser and proceeded to open it. At this very moment I am eyeballing the naked, apparently raped and murdered corpse of a very beautiful woman! The hot dog was playing both sides of the fence!

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

8 Comments:

Blogger porchwise said...

...and when you are playing both sides of the fince, you better know where the fence is...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Princess LadyBug said...

Or the fence might end up playing you. :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Diamond said...

What an absolutely delicious ending!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Oooh, nice juicy ending!

11:47 AM  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

I love an earned promotion story.

6:02 PM  
Blogger sweet trini said...

i know of a boss or 2 that might need taking care of...
walk good.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ha-I totally didn't see that coming. Nicely done, sir. ;)

7:01 PM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

A perfect noir ending.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home