Sunday, March 19, 2006

FFF #29 Phone Call from Dad

"I never said you were going down in history."

"But you said I were goin' to be President!"

"Was going to be President, Son! When are you going to learn intelligible sentences? You had the finest education big money could buy..."

"Well, I'm workin' hard on that..."

"And that's another thing: when are you going to lose that phrase?"

"But it's one o' my speech writers favorite!"

"Don't I know it, that along with the rest of your writers favorites-- like 'weapons of mass destruction' and 'evildoers'-- are really getting redundant. Tell them birds in your writers bullpen you want some new phrases."

"I kinda like 'em all..."

"Quit pouting, Son, it's okay. Anyway, you don't have to worry about the next election."

"Well, you know what you said about the constitution has done what it was designed to do..."

"Sorry, I've forgotten..."

"About how this Democracy has about run its course? I think you're right and before twenty-oh-eight I'll have my Kingdom in place. Wow, I can't wait to wear my crown! My old lady is goin' to make one hotsy Queen!"

"Son! Son! I really didn't mean for you take everything I say seriously! What I meant was you can't run in the next election. You're only allowed two terms in office."

"Who says so?"

"The Constitution; it's an amendment."

"Is that all? Shoot, I'll just ignore that and run anyway. Who's going to stop me?"

"Congress, more than likely, Son."

"Ha, ha, ha...that'll be the day. They ain't stopped me before and that whole bunch already thinks I'm King!"

"I'm going to hang up, Son, I think might be drinking a little too much."

"Naw, Dad, I'm just high on power."

7 Comments:

Blogger justacoolcat said...

The King is dead. Long live the King!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Diamond said...

This is a little scary - how did you read his mind so clearly?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Display Name said...

Fantastic! Yet, decidedly terrifying.

9:32 PM  
Blogger sweet trini said...

heeheeheheehee. nice insight into a relatively small brain.
walk good.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ewww, Laura Bush a hotsy queen?

Nice. ;)

8:05 PM  
Blogger mojoala said...

Another winner there porch!

Did you know that Ironsides is back!

12:43 PM  
Blogger porchwise said...

justacoolcat: Elvis lives?

debby: clari-advoidence

just angela: everything about Bushco is terrifying

sweet trini: yeah, took a microscope to read it

mojoala: thanks, and I'm glad ironsides seems to be up and running

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home