Saturday, June 10, 2006

FF #40

Arm aching from hanging here so long. Probably should have hit that damn tree. Where's the friggin' Skit Patrol?...can't hang on much longer...

Should have given up on skiing when I turned forty anyway-- and was really stupid for bringing that new secretary up here with me; bitch wouldn't even get out of bed to go skiing with me.

God, it's a long drop to the bottom. Wonder if it's possibile-- if I fall-- to survive? It did snow all night, maybe a foot of fresh powder down there. On top of what? Four or five feet...or ten or twelve feet? If it's deeper than that, I'll bury myself...wouldn't that be a hoot!

Well, at least the views nice. Geez, that range over there must reach into Canada! Oh crap, the branch just broke! Oh God, I'm falling, falling...what? I'm flying! I'm using my arms like wings!
Or am I dead and this is the way to heaven?

What's that sound? A train?

I open my eyes and my wife sounds like a locomotive, snoring in the bed beside me!

Ah well, such are the dreams of an old rake.

8 Comments:

Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

HA!!! Love it! Thanks for putting a smile on my face on this June Gloom Saturday morning in San Diego.

8:47 AM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

that was very funny dude! very unexpected too!

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the ending, you had me all ready for him to crash into the rocks under the snow below and be really hurt, maimed, and/or dead.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

Gotta love dreams where you fall. Ugh!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Diamond said...

a helluva an ending - luv it

4:46 PM  
Blogger sweet trini said...

i'm partial to old rakes, myself.
this was fun.
walk good.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Ha! Shit, you had me going!

Nice, a reminder for no more spicy food before bed time.

9:04 PM  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

I knew you were dreaming when the new secretary was with you . .I mean him.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home